According to Oklahoma Law, reporting of abuse is MANDATORY for all persons if the victim is under the age of 18. This includes even the “suspicion”of abuse.
To report abuse or neglect, call the Department of Human Services Hotline:
For victim and survivors of sexual abuse by someone representing the Catholic Church, call the Archdiocesan Pastoral Hotline:
The Office of the Vicar General:
1-800-721-5651 ext. 139
For the safety of children and the healing of victims, the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City provides an Abuse of Minors Pastoral Response Hotline. This is for reporting the abuse of a minor (in the past or present) by a member of the clergy or other church personnel. Calls to this number will be answered by the Archdiocesan Victims’ Assistance Coordinator who will offer to meet with the caller in person, if the caller so desires. The Victims’ Assistance Coordinator will also assist in making a formal complaint to the Archdiocese, arranging a personal meeting with the Archbishop or his representative and in obtainingsupport and pastoral counseling.
Calls are confidential with the following exceptions:
- Any allegation of sexual or physical abuse or neglect concerning those who currently are minors must be reported to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (1-800-522-3511) as required by Oklahoma laws and Archdiocesan policies.
- Any allegation of sexual misconduct must be shared with the proper Archdiocesan authorities.
- Local law enforcement agencies may also be contacted.
In addition, there are several things you may do:
- Contact the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (1-800-522-3511). Contacting DHS is mandatory if the victim is a minor.
- Contact the appropriate law enforcement agency (for example the local police).
- Contact local child protection agencies, a private attorney and or a support group.
Contact Ann Grover in the parish office for more information.